Tips for Improving Small Business Lead Generation
Every new small business at some point goes through a rut where you generate just enough leads to keep you busy but not quite enough to expand. An article by Stuart Leung published in Forbes.com summarizes the familiar scenario nicely.
The article, titled “SMB Lead Generation: 8 Ways To Better Generate Leads As A Small Business” lists eight ways you can start to attract the “big fish” customers needed to get to the next level.
Firstly, move beyond paid advertising, and shift emphasis on your content marketing strategy, including full participation in social media, and making the most out of your company’s website.
The other suggestions from Leung include:
• Building strategic relationships with your competitors
• Keeping your happy customers close and getting referrals and reviews from them
• Utilizing the best Customer Relationship Management (CRM) practices
• Establishing your reputation as an expert
• Being prepared to service a larger volume of leads and/or larger accounts
• Always putting yourself in the customer’s shoes when making decisions
To read the original article in its entirety, please visit Forbes.com.