How to Get Users to Download Your App
Once you’ve created a great app, how do you direct people to download and use it? An article on Forbes.com explains how to grow a user base with a few marketing tips.
1. App Store Optimization, the SEO of apps.
Improving your search ranking will require some research and strategy, according to Marcos Sanchez, VP of Communications at App Annie.
Sanchez told Forbes that you should do two types of keyword searches:
- Enter terms related to the kind of app you want to develop. See what other apps show up.
- Enter some popular apps that you would consider competitors, and observe their keyword placement. You can take it further by using a tool like Moz’s Rank Tracker or SERP’s Rank Checker (free) to see which keywords your competitors rank for.
2. Look and feel goes a long way.
When people browse the app store, you have a fleeting moment to make a big impression. Choose an icon that will stand out. You can look to popular apps for inspiration.
“Productivity or service apps will often use a clear, colorful picture that represents simply what that program gives you—Zoosk is a dating app, so it shows a heart; Slotomania is a casino game, so it shows slot numbers; Swipe keyboard offers swiping abilities for phones, so it shows a finger swiping. Essentially, communication happens within the picture,” Sanchez suggests.
3. Seek reviews from others.
Sanchez said you should find out whose opinion users listen to and request reviews from those publications or analysts that carry influence. Also, build in some incentives for social engagement to make it easy for users to share their experience with peers while using your app.
To read the original article in its entirety, please visit Forbes.com.