Best Payroll Software for Small to Mid-Sized Businesses
Whether you’re a small startup or an up-and-coming small business, you need to manage payroll to ensure smooth sailing and happy employees. When businesses try to process payroll by hand with traditional bookkeeping, the end result is usually laden with errors and copious amounts of time fixing errors.
Once you’ve decided to invest in payroll software, it’s crucial to find one that fits your company and your budget. There are many different features and benefits to each software solution. How are you supposed to know which one will best fit your needs?
We’ve scoured review after review of various software options to provide you with our best recommendations for you along with our final recommendation. Check out the list below to see if an option meets your business’s needs:
- SaaS-based system
- Designed for small to mid-sized companies
- Tracks payroll, HR compliance & integration and more
- Excellent, unbeatable customer service
Cons: It was hard to find any cons out there based on internet reviews! Due to Bamboo HR’s customer service, most issues are easily fixed by the support team.
- Reduces payroll processing time by up to 30 percent
- Software is uniquely designed to meet the needs of small to mid-sized businesses
- Pairs with Ascentis HR software (allows for enhanced, granular reporting)
- Strong security keeps data safe from internal and external hacks or data leaks
- Audit log features allows to see the who, when and where of any changes made to the system
- Excellent customer support
Cons: Full features are only completely enabled through use of additional Ascentis software or services.
- All-inclusive software for payroll, HR, benefits, time and attendance – no additional software purchases necessary
- Cloud-based with 24/7 accessibility
Cons: Great software – but not always the best fit for small to mid-sized businesses. While their extensive features are perfect for larger corporations, many of the features are not necessary for smaller businesses.
- Very low cost for small businesses
- Files all federal and state taxes; online tech support
- Features are mostly a la carte so that you can pay only for the features you need such as 401k, health benefits, direct deposit, paycheck printing etc.
Cons: Because their customer base is only small businesses, their software only supports businesses with 50 employees or less.
The benefit of having to pay for only the features you need is also a downfall as sometimes adding piecemeal features can be more costly depending upon your needs.
bizHUMM’s pick: Bamboo HR!
To find out more about additional HR/Payroll software options, visit: softwareadvice.com.