Attract More Business in 2015 with Strong Visual Content
No matter how cliche it may sound, when it comes to online marketing, “A picture is worth more than a thousand words,” and here are the facts to prove it.
1. Images Attract Attention
Could you imagine if McDonald’s only displayed the text of their food on their drive thru menu? Which would you rather buy, the words “Big Mac”, or the picture of a juicy burger patty between two fresh buns?
Whether you’re a fast food fan or not, content that contains compelling images attract on average 94% more total views than content without images.
Enormous bodies of text are not going to keep your audience’s attention, no matter how valuable that text may be.
- Break up your text into small increments that are easy to read in a short amount of time, and
- Add visuals to attract and keep your audience’s attention.
2. The Human Brain Processes Visual Content Faster Than Text
The brain processes visual information 60,000 times faster than it takes to break down text, and 90% of information transmitted to the brain is visual.
When you recognize a familiar logo, the business attached to it immediately pops into your head. The swoosh, the apple, the golden arches, when your eyes see these images you instantaneously think Nike, Apple, and McDonalds.
The key here is instantaneous.
- People want to save time, and images help them do that. Our brain proves it!
So whether it is a signature logo for your business, or including more photos on your website, save all the brain power you possibly can and utilize the power of imagery.
3. Visuals Improve Engagement with the Audience
When you go to a live concert, you expect the star performer to engage with the audience, otherwise you may as well be listening to them through your headphones. It is the same with online marketing.
You want to engage your audience, and studies show that the best way to do this is through images.
- Tweets with image links are twice as engaging as those without
- Posts with photos and visuals generate up to 94% more views
4. Visuals Create Better Responses
It’s the worst feeling in the world to be ignored! The best way to avoid being overlooked and to get a good response is to add visuals to your content!
- 40% of people respond better to visual information than to plain text
- 83% of learning occurs visually
- People only remember 20% of what they read with text.
5. Show Instead of Tell
Utilizing visual content allows you to show your clients rather than tell, which in turn gives them a better sense of who you are. If your business prides itself on how friendly and inviting you are, post a photo that proves it!
Sometimes seeing is believing, and images not only have the ability to build your brand’s identity, but to gain the trust of your clients as well.
This article was written by Christina Tarkoff, owner and founder of Art of Inbound Marketing and Design, and published on Art of Inbound Marketing and Design’s blog.